View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #481
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by auspex View Post
Why would that be? If we were actually using tags in any meaningful way, we'd have used the "Manage tags" feature to ensure we didn't have dozens of tags representing the same thing, and the "Delete" feature to ensure that the pointless ones were done away with.
The default behaviour with calibre is to pull metadata tags from books added, and to download tags from google. *Both* of which actions will result in the hodge podge of tags that most peoples libraries become "infected" with. Some users like it that way, others don't but don't know what to do about it, and an even smaller subset is bothered to clean them up, recognise why they are being added and take remedial action to prevent it in future. Which is why I don't see "all tags" as an acceptable default behaviour. And yes I understand it was an attempt to reduce the work involved, but those are the reasons why I am not willing to implement it that way.
Quote:
Wow. I'm sure I must have done something to deserve that! I apologized for upsetting you, for heavens sake! I honestly did think you seemed to be having a problem - you've pointed out more than once that you don't use GR shelves, after all.
No less than three times in a row you have stated that I "don't understand goodreads shelves". Once I just ignored, twice irritated, and three times just pisses me off as being completely disrespectful. Yes two years ago when I first wrote this plugin I was not a user of Goodreads, so any comments on this thread from that time period quite correctly state that I was not aware of the range of uses people made of Goodreads shelves. However I have been using it consistently for the last 18 months, which is why the plugin got rewritten over a year ago to match a better understanding of what people would want both from my own usage and feedback during that period.
Quote:
Well, since you don't like constructive criticism, I shan't bother to continue with what I've learned about that error.
Constructive criticism is fine. A potential bug report is also good. However repeatedly insulting me is not. It ain't rocket science.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote