View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 12:58 AM   #5
blaenk
Connoisseur
blaenk 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.blaenk 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.blaenk 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.blaenk 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.blaenk 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.blaenk 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.blaenk 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.blaenk 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.blaenk 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.blaenk 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.blaenk 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Amazon IDs get inserted into the mobi-asin field.

I use a saved S&R almost identical to yours, called "mobi-asin to amazon" -- and use it on all my books as they come into the library.
Hey eschwartz thanks for the reply.

It's got me a bit confused though. You mean to say that this is already automatically done? If so, why do you use an S&R as well? Or were you responding to theducks, confirming that the S&R does indeed copy the Amazon ID into the mobi-asin field?

I'm still pretty confused on the whole mobi-asin interaction, but I was pretty sure that the one thing I understood was that manually setting it myself to the correct ASIN enabled me to use goodreads. My assumption is that if you don't manually specify a mobi-asin, then Calibre inserts a random UUID that is neither a real ASIN nor the Amazon ID.

That's why I figured the next best thing I could do was to use a S&R to just copy over the Amazon ID.

Off-topic: One thing I'm investigating now is whether there's a difference (to the Kindle) between the Kindle book version's ASIN and the physical (hardcover, paperback, etc.) versions of the same book. I've already tested a book with a hardcover version's ASIN and it seemed to work, now I'm going to try using the actual kindle book version's ASIN to see if there's any difference.
blaenk is offline   Reply With Quote