View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #40
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Hi Shykat,

I'm sure you'll enjoy your new mini. Marvin has a special feature to "protect from accidental page turns", I made especially for it.

If you slide the book (swipe it to the left), you'll see a blue row menu. From there you can mark your book as read. The book will be removed from that view and will go in the "Books Already Read" shelf. You can access these read books by tapping the "book" icon at the top right of the screen.

Your current book will not necessarily be on top of the list if you're sorting by date added (it might not be the most recent book). There is a sort by date last opened for this.

Now for the hard (and technical) one... computing the total pages for the book is computationally expensive and that is why iBooks does it as a background process. Unfortunately, iOS developers are disallowed from rendering the book as a background process (UIWebView) under the penalty of app rejection. I need to think about this harder. As a consolation, if you tap the name of the book or the author on top of the page you'll see your approximate percentage into the book.