View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 05:05 PM   #15
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No; the reason for it is that if you have tethering, you're far more likely to use your allowance than if you don't. Eg, my Vodafone contract on my iPhone gives me 1GB of data per month. I never come close to it, despite using my phone pretty much all day for Internet access; my typical usage is perhaps 200-300MB in a month. If I had tethering (for which I'd have to pay £5/month more) I'm certain that I would use all my data allowance every month.
But having paid for 1 GB/month, it is completely justifiable to USE 1 GB/month for whatever you want to use it for. In all fairness, excess data should be able to be rolled over, but that is not the case either, at least not on any plans that I have.

Would any other utility, e.g. power companies be allowed to charge for unused capacity?

Last edited by wodin; 05-13-2011 at 05:08 PM.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote