View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 06:10 AM   #1
Matt Horne
Matt Horne began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Sony Leather 505 cover - it lasted 3 days.

Hi,

Longtime lurker.. but now a Sony Reader owner for the last couple of the weeks - UK based but have already spent a chunk over at Fictionwise.. so nicely sorted with reading material for a good while.

I was in Waterstones on Monday and thought I would treat myself to the leather cover for the reader. Bought it - was a bit disappointed that it did not have the magnets in the cover as I thought that was a nice touch on the included one.

So I have used it for the last couple of days.. on the train and at home, took it out of my bag last night to find the plastics tabs which attach to the cover had all broken.. basically (as I am sure it is on all the sony made covers) they are very small L shape tabs.

It looks like the weight of the reader just broke them (possibly due to the cover being a bit bigger than the reader so it hangs more than say in the normal one.. and the stress just broke the fixings.

So back to waterstones it went this morning.. the sales assistant (same one who sold it to me) then said.. oh yes.. thats the third one we have had back. and she then apologised for not warning me when I bought it.

Thought I would let you all know.. as it seems to have happened a few times.. (and they have a pile of them in the shop waiting to go back)

Not that impressed - maybe the tri-fold would be a better bet as it folds around the reader and may then stop it from drooping and stressing the fixings..

I have exchanged it for the silicone case and then I will just get a small neoprene bag to keep it in when its in my bag.

Probably going to have a look at this :

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=226015

Cheers

Matt

Last edited by Matt Horne; 01-22-2009 at 06:17 AM.
Matt Horne is offline   Reply With Quote