View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #13
tidyboyd
tidyboyd began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi thanks for the reply. Its good to get an idea off an owner so many thanks for getting in touch

I would be mainly reading text PDF's with some (maybe 10% - 15%) in jpg format all with margins and, as I have thousands, I would really like to leave them as they are because their in hundreds of separate folders with hundreds more sub folders. To be specific I would be reading physics, permaculture, poker and other scientific papers

Roughly around 15 - 20% of the text and jpg pdfs combined have diagrams or illustrations

I would certainly be using the annotation feature and would likely make heavy use of it

I don't mind the Ivona software getting charts and diagrams wrong I can read them with no issues, it was mainly for reading large bodies of text on the move which is where I would find it really useful

Portability is important but I would carry a rucksack whenever I left the house so as long as its holdable whilst reading and not crazily heavy I cant really foresee any issues on that front

I have a couple of questions if I may,

-How are you finding the build quality physically of your onyx unit?

-What do you mean by the software isn't fully developed?

-Do crashes happen very often like I've seen on a couple of reviews?

-Why did you buy it from ereader-store.de instead of the official page where its cheaper?

I did contact ereader-store.de but I never got a reply back to my questions. Any idea how long their warranty period is?

Any help would be fantastic, thanks for your time
tidyboyd is offline   Reply With Quote