View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #6
tidyboyd
tidyboyd began at the beginning.

Device: none
After reviewing my pdf collection it seems most are text with my physics pdfs being nearly entirely jpgs

I would really like the ivona voice on the onyx range as well because sometimes I'm lazy and I also get travel sick so listening to my book rather than getting sick reading it during journeys would be a major plus.

Is there any ivona software on any other ereader any of your guys and girls are aware of? What if I rooted any other ereader could I get the ivona voice then? I tried the acapela voices and they sounded way to robotic for my liking and from reading others reviews I got the general consensus that they were the best alternative

It's seeming like I'll have to shell out the big bucks to get something that will suit my needs as the 299E onyx 92M doesn't come with cover as standard costing around the 30E mark and its 24.99E shipping to me plus I would need a light and cover for it, its getting to the price of a decent second hand laptop here!

Can I ask why you went for a Kobo if your reading PDF's robko? The only reviews I've read on the Kobo haven't been as favorable as the kindle or the onyx range (although most of them are in Russian) How are you getting along reading jpg pdfs on your Kobo?

I know I'm clutching at invisible straws here but is there any way to get the ivona voice (or something just as good) back lighting, a larger screen and a dictionary on one single unit via any method at all? Or is there anyone on the forums that you know of that might be able to answer my difficult pain in the rear question?

To hear how good that ivona voice that I cant help keep banging on about is... if you scroll down this page a bit and hit play on Adventures of Sherlock Holmes you'll see what I mean

https://www.onyx-boox.com/store/onyx...touch-espresso

Last edited by tidyboyd; 03-28-2013 at 08:09 PM.
tidyboyd is offline   Reply With Quote