View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 01:07 AM   #5
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk83 View Post
I couldn't find this info on the forum, so here goes.

According to several posts, unsubscribing from Kindle Special Offers with a non-US account(mine is registered at amazon.com, but my address is in Europe) requires you to contact Amazon Customer Service.
Well, I did, and was told by several representatives that this was impossible to do for non-US accounts.

So, the trick is to temporarily make your account a US one. You'll need a US address - I used the one from my JetCarrier account.

First, add the US address to your address book. Then remove your non-US address, so that the only address listed is the US one.
Add your payment info to your new US address, and select this as the billing address.

Next, go to Manage Your Kindle, click Country Settings, and change your country to US, using your US address.

Now, under manage your devices, you should be able to unsubscribe from SO, paying the required $20.

Afterwards, just add your regular address back w/payment info, change country back to your own, and remove the US address from the address book.
Just this afternoon, I looked around Manage Your Kindle but did not find any link or place to UNsubscribe but I may have been staring right at such a link. I'm actually in the US but don't see any place to UNsubscribe. I had been informed that I had to call them.

Any more specific would be nice.

I finally found it but left the above so that my next comments make a bit more sense before I terminate Special Offers:

(and I also plan on a separate thread about Special Offers but I'll venture it here, too. So if I UNsubscribe will I really miss any SPECIAL Special Offers? That is has anyone noticed any GREAT deals or are most of them pretty mundane? I tend to currently swipe immediately past them and don't even bother looking.)

Last edited by FF2; 12-06-2012 at 01:30 AM.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote