View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 04:43 AM   #1
sk83
sk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it issk83 knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G
Howto: Unsubscribe from Special Offers with a non-US account

I couldn't find this info on the forum, so here goes.

According to several posts, unsubscribing from Kindle Special Offers with a non-US account(mine is registered at amazon.com, but my address is in Europe) requires you to contact Amazon Customer Service.
Well, I did, and was told by several representatives that this was impossible to do for non-US accounts.

So, the trick is to temporarily make your account a US one. You'll need a US address - I used the one from my JetCarrier account.

First, add the US address to your address book. Then remove your non-US address, so that the only address listed is the US one.
Add your payment info to your new US address, and select this as the billing address.

Next, go to Manage Your Kindle, click Country Settings, and change your country to US, using your US address.

Now, under manage your devices, you should be able to unsubscribe from SO, paying the required $20.

Afterwards, just add your regular address back w/payment info, change country back to your own, and remove the US address from the address book.
sk83 is offline   Reply With Quote