View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #27
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
To return to the mobile side of things, New Scientist doesn't offer a native reading application for phones or tablets.
I don't really care about apps or whatever. However I do read NS; I've often managed to pick up 75% off discounts and such to keep my physical sub running. This year the best I found was like 45%. So being annoyed I went to look at the prices online.

It turns out it's cheaper for me to get the printed copies sent all the way to SA, than for them to give me digital only sub. Way prefer the physical form too. The publishing industry must have some premium grade electrons, real bespoke stuff.

I guess they'll be like the publishers that say "printing is really such a small part of a books price". Yup yup yup.
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote