View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 03:39 AM   #59
ScientificBob
ScientificBob knows what is on the back of the AURYN.ScientificBob knows what is on the back of the AURYN.ScientificBob knows what is on the back of the AURYN.ScientificBob knows what is on the back of the AURYN.ScientificBob knows what is on the back of the AURYN.ScientificBob knows what is on the back of the AURYN.ScientificBob knows what is on the back of the AURYN.ScientificBob knows what is on the back of the AURYN.ScientificBob knows what is on the back of the AURYN.ScientificBob knows what is on the back of the AURYN.ScientificBob knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: windows 8 device
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl001 View Post
I think you overestimate what most people need in a home computer.
I think you forget that Apple is not at all interested in offering a tablet that can replace a laptop or desktop.

Apple wants you to buy a tablet, a laptop, a desktop AND a phone.
It's apple that pushed this idea into the world that a tablet is a "third category device". And the reason is simply that: they want you to buy 4 devices from them, not one.

It's all about the money.
Microsoft is now coming with windows 8 saying "there isn't a single valid reason why a pc couldn't be all 3 at the same time".

You also overlook that even for home users, applications like Office and Photoshop is very important for a lot of them. Windows 8 has no problems running full versions of all those types of apps. In fact, it's designed to do so.

Certainly in these financially unstable times, I'ld think people will be more interested in buying a single 1000$ win 8 device rather then a 700$ tablet, 1500$ laptop and/or 2000$ desktop.

People have this false idea that Apple makes iOs tablets because they believe that people need it in that form. This is false. They make iOs tablets that aren't able to fully replace a mac, because they want you to ALSO buy a mac.

It's all about getting the most money out of your pocket as possible.
ScientificBob is offline   Reply With Quote