View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #55
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
That is all true. But the whole Apple system, the future growth of the company, depends on people upgrading to the new models all the time. So you have to offer new designs to entice them to do it. If users think "this is good enough for me, I will keep using my old device", then the good days are over.

Unless they have another completely new product line coming up no later than next year.
I think that what a lot of people are missing is that the groundwork is already in place. First step was the iPod in all its various forms. Then came the iPhone. You have a customer base comfortable paying a couple hundred dollars for a device so the next step is a little better, a little more expensive, the iPad.

Also, each device gets the customer further entrenched into the 'walled garden' of the iTunes store and the App store.

Now, if you're willing to spend $500 for a tablet, $1000 or more for a Mac doesn't seem unreasonable. And you get the added benefit of everything working together, syncing together, natively, and out of the box.

Now, I'm not saying this was the original plan all along, from the inception of the iPod, but I think it has evolved into this. Get them a little closer, one step at a time, one price point at a time, until they make the 'big' purchase.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote