View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I've took a look at disassembed utils.so from different languages and noticed that code is mostly the same. Only some strings are changed, for example: in utils.so from Italian keyboard these strings are 'kb-it' and 'Italian'. First is a locale code of keyboard with prefix 'kb-' (or, maybe, prefix is unrelevant). It is used as ID of this keyboard. Second is a name of keyboard.

Maybe sometime I'll make .c source of appropriate utils.so (or maybe someone else will make it), but for now I've just changed these strings with sed. Fortunately, my locale code is 2 characters long and name of keyboard is 7 characters long, precisely as in Italian keyboard. It works.

It's enough to create new directory at /usr/share/keyboard and add these three files (*.keymap and utils.so) to add new keyboard.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote