View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 05:04 PM   #13
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
The FAQ has some problems.

"In order to read an eBook using Adobe ® Digital Editions, it must be an ePub."
Or a PDF. If you don't carry PDFs, that's fine (great, in fact), but I don't like false info in FAQs. Could be edited to , "In order to read an eBook from kobobookscom using ADE..."

"Our Gutenberg titles can be printed out using ADE. Other eBooks which are DRM-protected cannot be printed at this time."
I know what DRM is. Other readers may not. It's a good idea to define the terms in your FAQs.

A mention that the non-Gutenberg books on your site are all DRM'd would be nice; that'd let me know not to bother with the place. ADE is currently unavailable to me, and I'm not sure I want to bother having any DRM software on the shiny new computer.

From the About eBooks page: "eBooks come in a variety of formats, though most commonly they are found as PDFs or as ePubs."
What formats *do you carry*. Unless you're going to discuss the abstract concept of ebooks in PDF, ePub, Mobi, Lit, pdb, and so on... just say what formats are available through Kobobooks. Mention which of them are tied to specific devices.

Anyone who knows what a file format is, wants more info than "ebooks are commonly PDF or ePub."
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote