View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 06:11 AM   #3
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlucky View Post
It seems counter-intuitive, but I just tried reading for a while in landscape and I think I like it. I find reading with the cover a little awkward (the device is so much heavier than the cover that holding it like a p-book makes the corner dig into my hand) and there's no great place to put your hands without it.

Is it just me, or is the font bigger in landscape? I had to make it smaller when I switched and I never read with it on the smallest font. It does work out great - when I hold it in my left hand my thumb naturally rests on the page advance button.
I don't know if the font is bigger when tilted...I just prepare the file for viewing in landscape mode so the typography isn't too bad, so I never have to do a screen rotate with the magnify button. It displays the page in portrait, but with the text rotated and vertically aligned.

I agree about the thumb resting on the button pretty naturally in landscape, and also about the corner biting into the palm when holding in portrait mode. It's a bit unfortunate that they designed it so poorly for the hands that it needs a cover or case or some kind of accessory to be tolerable.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote