View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 07:58 PM   #144
Gergith
Enthusiast
Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gergith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Just had to share...I'm upgrading my Glo now! Found a great deal on a like new Glo (white/pink--easier to see where the seam is). It arrived today, as did my 16gb SD card. After trying a variety of plastic tools I finally got the case apart! Writing the image now. So excited! I love to fiddle and hack. I wouldn't dare try it on my Aura HD, but a $40 Glo, yes.

ETA all done, and patched, I'm so excited! By the way, this Glo had a 4gb card inside.

Only 1 issue...the power slider doesn't seem to do anything, now. Oh well....I can wake/sleep it with my case.
Thanks for the feed back

I have that issue on occasion with mine. I find that if I press/squeeze the back/front together at that point where the switch is, it will make it re-engage. I also find that if I push the switch down into the kobo I find the switch will re-engage as well. If you're adventurous, you can open it a second time and see where the actual switch engages with the switch on the motherboard, as the white plastic switch is NOT physically attached to the switch on the mother board, but more engages with it when you slide it left. I have opened mine 3 times now with no further ill-effect; Once to do the hack, once to take all the photos linked to in my second post, and once to test out the 32 gig internal micro sd card I had comparing them speed wise to the other SD cards I own.
Gergith is offline   Reply With Quote