View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 02:46 PM   #92
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I've taken a look at the files I posted with LlrfViewer.exe and they do not represent what is seen on the device. Using LlrfViewer the images look almost the same. Lrfviewer is cropping off the white space and expanding the image to fit the screen. I wonder if this is the difference between the output of PDFLRF and PDFRead

The SONY Reader software is more accurate in showing what the final image will look like on the PRS-505. However as an aside, I do prefer to read with LrfViewer because it tends to render the images better.
I've attached screen shots of how the images look like on the Reader, I've also downloaded them on my Reader and I can verify that the attached images are more liken to what is seen on the PRS-505

As an aside I know PDFLRF uses lanczos filter to enhance the image. What edge detection algorithm is PDFRead using?

=X=
Not edge enhancement, but dilation. It's called 'MinFilter'; I've used it in Adobe Elements (Other/Minimum...) with similar results.

See http://www.pythonware.com/library/pi...magefilter.htm for more information.

The edge enhancement (detection?) is like a 'sharpen' and is based on an algorithm published in 1987. This basically 'cancels' some of the dilation, but makes the text sharper!

p.s. BTW, in those pictures, the PDFRead version looks horrible, but the PDFLRF version wonderful! You're not selling any PDFLRF stock are you?

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-28-2008 at 11:30 PM. Reason: typo
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote