View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #11
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
Now to file formats.
Epub and PDF with or without Adobe DRM. FB2, TXT, HTML, RTF and Mobi without DRM.
I have tried dozens of each type and a few of non listed types and apart from some issues with RFT and an FB2 that FBreader couldn't open, had no problems whatsoever. All appeared to be formatted OK, no split words ect. I was quite surprised, especially considering where some of these came from.
Now about the RTF files that failed. They tended to be older files, none appeared correctly in OoO or Wordpad but when I re-saved them as new RTF files and Text files, all were ok.
Great! Looks like this may be what I'm looking for to replace my PRS-505. (You wouldn't think the traits "e-ink," "no touchscreen," and "supports an editable file format" would be difficult to find; it wasn't a couple of years ago. But they've now mostly decided to only support PDF and ePub, maybe not even .txt.)

Thanks for checking the different formats; that's one of the details that none of the official reports ever bother with, and a lot of very cheap ereaders are awful about.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote