View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 07:15 AM   #64
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I contest that you are wrong here and that you are buying the wrong device for your needs. If you are in need of a multitasking tablet buy a Windows tablet or buy an Android tablet and install Linux on it.
Actually I have installed Linux on my device. But a lot of things are quite a chore in Linux (took me and dozens of Linux insiders weeks to figure out just how to get Chinese input working properly in the TouchPad's Linux Chroot). And Linux is just not setup for all Touch Input (even the best windows managers). Starting VPN is a pain (on the TouchPad) and Flash doesn't work and the newspaper reader only worked online, now downloads.

I have a Windows Tablet, which is great for most tasks, but obviously still overweight. For now, there is no perfect tablet for me, of course. But Android could be better, if they just allowed it to be. I actually don't mind the interface, Windows 7 works very well with a Wacom pen.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote