View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 10:49 PM   #1
objectman
objectman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Replacing my new Kobo - again!

I don't know what's going on. My 1st Kobo just stopped working after about 2 months. I read heaps of books on it but then it just suddenly ... stopped working. No response from any button or reset switch / combo etc.

I called Kobo (internationally as I'm in Australia) and after 40 minutes a man answered the phone saying to return it to the shop and to give the shop a list of instructions on where to send it for servicing and who to phone etc. Not good.

I took it back and lied, saying he said to give me a replacement which they happily did. I can't be bothered waiting X months for them to "fix" it.

This new Kobo works for the most part, but when switching on, I get an ugly grey scraping image on the screen - like a bad photocopy before the books appear.

When pressing the next page button, it feels crunchy and sometimes doesn't work so I have to press a few times. A bit harder than I'd like to be pressing.

Other than that, I actually like it. But here in Oz I paid $200 for the Kobo. Sounds like it's much cheaper elsewhere. My mum really wants one for her international flight so I might buy a Kindle for myself and give her this machine - if it's not still clunky after I do a firmware upgrade.

Otherwise it's back to the shop I go - to get a replacement for my replacement.

Anybody know how I can try a firmware upgrade?
objectman is offline   Reply With Quote