View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 09:46 AM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clytie View Post
How do I read an HTML ebook from Calibre?
select book, hit "V" for View.

Quote:
When I import a single HTML file into Calibre, it creates a zip file.
Yes. html often has multiple files, so calibre puts them all inside a single file, for storage. It unpacks them, as needed, for viewing.

Quote:
Anytime I click on the number next to it, or on View, calibre just creates another zip file.
I'm not sure what "clicking on the number next to it" means, but check the Preferences|Interface option. You can use calibre's internal viewer, or your own browser. If you have the internal viewer turned off, then calibre will hand the file off to Windows, and whatever you have set there will handle it.

It sounds like you may have the internal viewer off.

Quote:
it would also be useful to be able to read the HTML directly. Can that be done?
Yes
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote