View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 05:51 PM   #22
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
I voted no.

A new forum takes time to moderate and further disperses the information and movement on the forum. Just because something CAN have a new forum, doesn't mean it needs one.

When a device generates enough posts that it gets annoying to parse through them in other forums - it should get its own forum (assuming someone is willing to play mod for it).
-OR-
When a device provides sufficiently popular or intriguingly technologically unique that it needs space to work itself out.

I don't think the Jetbook meets either requirement. It's not terribly popular, AFAIK it isn't being hacked uniquely, and doesn't read any proprietary formats or need special conversions that aren't handled in other areas already. It doesn't seem to require special needs or special attention.

So I voted no, just now. I ran a popular forum for years and we went through the "let's invent a forum for everything" stage and it ended up just being a terrible, terrible idea.

Maybe that will change. But currently it doesn't seem to be the case.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote