View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 02:23 AM   #36
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I would love to have the best of both the Touch and the Paperwhite:

Frontlit display from Paperwhite, upgraded hardware, etc. but keep the physical home button, plus the ability to flip through chapters with a downward swipe. They removed that in the Paperwhite, and last I heard did not add it back. Also, keep the 4GB memory, which I find to be enough, but 2GB is sounds a little TOO cramped!

I also want decent collections management, perhaps they can hire ixtab as a developer for that, and ESPECIALLY the ability to manage those from calibre! While I'm at it, I wish you could view your archived items in collections inside the cloud tab, and a general overhaul to the whole Amazon system of organizing your books. We need to be able to tag an change the metadata -- annoying authors sometimes give titles like:
Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, Book One) (Artemis Fowl (Quality))
Annihilation: R.A. Salvatore Presents The War of the Spider Queen, Book V (R.A Salvatore Presents the War of the Spider Queen)
So You Want to Be a Wizard (digest): Young Wizards, Book One: 1 (Young Wizards Series)
A Feast for Crows: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Four (Martin, George Rr)

which is just plain wrong.

I want to be able to see the page number directly while I read a book (now that they have had real page numbers for quite some time...) although I hear that may be part of the PW2? In which case it will probably make its way down to us Touch owners anyway, in the Goodreads update.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote