View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #11
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Another rumor:

SemiAccurate has been chasing the last bit of this story for several weeks, there is a very good chance that Broadwell’s successor, Sky Lake, will bring back a socketed CPU.

Reading these articles, one interpretation is that the non-socketed CPU lines will be for mobile devices. It's not like Intel will instantly stop producing socket 1155 CPU's when they start selling the allegedly soldered-in socket 1150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
It's always the same thing. Companies acquire power, companies abuse power.
Do you believe it is generally an abuse of power when a tech company sells a non-socketed CPU? If so, we are all facilitators by buying eReaders.

However, I agree that too much power is bad, even for a company I really like, as I do Intel. Hopefully, AMD will survive to compete, or ARM will somehow enter this space.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote