View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #27
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I might be in the market for an e-ink device very soon, and the only thing tempting about the new Kindles is the price. The "special offers" don't strike me as a huge negative.

The Kindle is still pretty much the "for dummies" reader, though, and as a non-dummy (with regard to consumer gadgetry, anyway) I can get a lot more out of the STR. I'm actually thinking about selling off my dual-booting Nook Color, and replacing my former NC + dumbphone combo with STR + smartphone, and a rooted STR will fill in a lot more gaps than a locked-down Kindle.

I got a used Xperia X10 off craigslist the other day, and like the NC it's now running rooted Gingerbread with most of the same apps, which leaves the NC seeming a tad redundant. A medium-sized device has its advantages, but between the phone and an e-ink reader that can handle a few apps, I think I'd have it covered.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote