View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 09:33 PM   #13
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
The little Sony Pocket 300's are selling real cheap this weekend over at J.R.com. I got an extra $15 off coupon by e-mail. I would recommend it as a spare reader for Library ebooks.

I bought a used Sony 505 a few months ago and use it just for Library ebooks from Overdrive. Our NetLibrary doesn't have any ebooks I can put on the Sony, only audiobooks. The NetLibrary ebooks I have seen can only be read on their onscreen reader. I use my Kindle for everything else as I prefer the larger fonts.

Just found this regarding ebooks from NetLibrary:

"Note: Only available in some libraries. In order to read eBooks offline, your library must have acquired an Adobe Content Server (ACS) Gateway License. If your library has made this option available you will see the link to Check Out and Download on the Details page for PDF-Formatted eContent.
Checks out an eBook to your account and downloads the file to your personal computer for offline viewing, and lets you exclusively view the full-text during the checkout period defined by your affiliated library . You must be logged into your account. Checkout is available on the Details page. See Check Out and Download eBook Process . "

I just checked out the libraries where my daughter lives in Minnesota. Her county library NetLibrary doesn't have any books for reading off-line, but the Minneapolis NetLibrary has some available for ereaders. Looks like most are travel and how-to books. I had planned on buying my daughter a Sony reader, but so far there just aren't enough ebooks available for downloading where she lives.

My library in Tucson, Arizona only has about 3500 on-line ebooks for NetLibrary and 860 ebooks for Overdrive. The Overdrive ebooks can be downloaded to my Sony, but not the NetLibrary

Last edited by luvshihtzu; 02-14-2010 at 12:19 AM.
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote