View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 06:37 AM   #32
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Good catch!
Don't get too excited. SInce I'm not very familiar with the codebase, I may have just moved the problem somewhere else.

I believe \uXXXX is the preferred way of handling unicode in strings in C/C++/Java, but it sure seems like Microsoft's compiler doesn't like it in this particular case. The hex representations may cause issues, but I doubt it since they're single* unicode codepoints being sought out... in a decidedly utf-8 encoded document. It might be different if you were searching for "fa\u00e7ade" vs "fa\xc3\x87ade"

* Yes, I know unicode codepoints/graphemes may not be single "characters."

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-21-2012 at 06:39 AM.