View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 04:27 PM   #3
MikeFromMesa
Enthusiast
MikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook Color
Sure. It is at the end of this post. But first some comments:

1) I did not know if this should be added to the existing style sheet or as a new style sheet or if it made any difference,

2) If it was supposed to be added to the existing style sheet, where exactly? Within the body of the entries (Calibre1:, Calibre2:, etc)? Or at the top? Or at the bottom? Or embedded somewhere else? None of the other thread responses was clear (or perhaps I just lack too much knowledge about ebook style sheets),

3) Since I was using a font on my PC I used the PC paths to the fonts, but did not know if the slashes should be "forward" or "backward". And, given the meaning of backslashes in some languages and interpreters, should the backward slashes be single or double? Just another of the questions I was unable to get answered,

4) I downloaded the free Liberation fonts, but when I added them to the Font folder in Calibre that gave me "cannot reach" errors. I have no idea why and I have no idea exactly what the code meant by "cannot reach",

5) I could still create the file, but it was not displayable by the Nook Color. This was not a big surprise because the "cannot reach" error from Calibre told me it was going to ignore the fonts.

You can probably understand that with all of these questions I began to ask myself if I would not be better off with a regular Android tablet and the ability to load a native Russian ereader like Moon+ or fb2Reader on it. Still I don't like a puzzle to go unanswered.

Here is the stylesheet I used with the paths define one of the ways I tried.
----------------------

@font-face {
font-style: italic;
font-family: 'LiberationSerif', serif, sans-serif;
font-weight: normal;
src: (C:\downloads\Fonts\Liberation-Serif\LiberationSerif/LiberationSerif-Italic.ttf);
}
@font-face {
font-style: normal;
font-weight: normal;
src: (C:\downloads\Fonts\Liberation-Serif\LiberationSerif/LiberationSerif-Regular.ttf);
}
@font-face {
font-weight: bold;
src: (C:\downloads\Fonts\Liberation-Serif\LiberationSerif/LiberationSerif-BoldItalic.ttf);
}
@font-face {
font-style: normal;
font-weight: bold;
src: (C:\downloads\Fonts\Liberation-Serif\LiberationSerif/LiberationSerif-Bold.ttf);
}
body {
margin-right: 8pt;
font-family: 'LiberationSerif', serif;
}
p.p {
margin: 0px;
text-indent: 1.5em;
text-align: justify;
}
p.subtitle {