View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 11:04 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
What would make my Kindle keep crashing?

I have been having some problems this week with my Kindle. Right now it is frozen, and this is the third time this week. Last time it happened, it took two resets to get it working again, and the second reset got it working again but erased all my collections. It took me three hours to restore them (I load everything with Calibre since I don't buy from Amazon) and this drained the battery by two thirds, which I thought was a lot for three hours use. It has been fine since then, but just froze again when I tried to make a highlight.

I was all set to conclude it is broken and order a new one when it occurred to me that all three glitches have been while I was reading the same book. So maybe it is not that my Kindle is broken, but that there is something about that book that the Kindle isn't liking. But what might that be, and how can I tell if this is the issue?

(Fwiw the book is a Kobo purchase that has been, shall we say, liberated, and then coverted to Mobi using Calibre...)
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote