Thread: Firmware Update Kindle 3 - Firmware update
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #57
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Many Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by thus View Post
Here's a link to the firmware update on Amazon, complete with instructions on how to install it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200529700

If already posted, I apologise.
I just went to that Amazon link and downloaded the file. I'm charging my replacement Kindle WiFi LG 3 now for 4 hours. Look at your serial number to be sure you get the correct version.

Thanks again. As soon as my charging is over I'll install the new firmware. Instructions at the site are very clear.

When my replacement came, I was able to download all my Collection names, all my books, and all highlights, bookmarks and notes to the replacement.

I then deregistered the old unit and mailed it back to Amazon with a label I printed from their link in the email they sent me. It was entirely bar codes and the Post Office accepted it. They knew how to handle it.

For what its worth the first 13 digits of the serial number of the old and new units were exactly the same: B008A0A003444. The last 3 digits were alphanumeric and different.

Both units had the same firmware version: Kindle 3.0 (515460094).

I had been shutting down WiFi every night to save battery juice on the old unit. On the new one I won't shut down WiFi directly. I'll just go to Sleep Mode in the day when I'm using it. I'll go to Shut Down Mode at night and when I'm not using it. I don't know if that matters but I'm doing it anyway.

With the new unit and new firmware I'll run the real test this Sunday. I'll take it to Church and PRAY. The first unit was discombobulated in Church last week and went into spontaneous resets every time I started it there.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote