View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 04:56 PM   #10
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
One thing that I'm curious about (and not just the Streak, but other Android devices)..why ship with outdated versions of Android? I understand it will get Froyo (2.2) eventually, but why not 2.1, which is out now, and looks pretty great?
Maybe Google puts out new versions to fast for them to keep up?

I mean we've had 5 versions in a year and a half...
1.1 launched in Feb. '09
1.5 (doughnut) in April '09
1.6 (cupcake) in Sept. '09
2.0/2.1 (eclair) in Oct. '09
2.2 (froyo) in May '10
3.0 (gingerbread) in Q4 2010?

I know my Hero just finally got 2.1 (released by Google in October '09) in May, but now Sprint and HTC have said no 2.2 for the Hero. The phone's not even been out a year (launched Oct. '09) and they're still selling them, but apparently can't be bothered to give it an update that sounds like it would be especially good for devices with slower processors. I'm kinda miffed.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote