View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 05:52 PM   #48
Ravenflight
Connoisseur
Ravenflight began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, Macbook, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlauzon View Post
Then tell us where the OSX or Linux version of the reader can be downloaded.

Tell us where the non-Windows version of their eBook creator can be downloaded.

Tell us where the full for their ebook format can be read so that someone can create these applications if MobiPocket doesn't want to make them.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I should clarify (since some need clarification) that when I said "single platform" I was referring to pc platforms. And I mean the broader definition of the term "pc" not the Windows centric definition. Yes I know cell phones, dvd players, and even my car all have computers imbedded in them running some sort of OS. But until they gain the functionality of my laptop I still think of them as devices- not as platforms running an OS. My Sony Reader (and the Cybook) I'm told run Linux, but until someone opens it up so I can run third party apps or they add apps that extend it's functionality its still just a device.

And speaking of Cybook running Linux... If the Cybook has a Mobipocket client that is apparently written for Linux, how is it they can't release the same for desktop/laptop users? And as I understand it, it is a very small step to port from linux to OSX. They say they don't have the resources, but really- how many more Mac and Linux users are out there than Cybook users? I have it on good authority that some are even literate!
Ravenflight is offline   Reply With Quote