Thread: BeBook Pure
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #37
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
Actually, I think the greatest weakness of the Kobo Touch is that the touch screen is essentially the only way to control the unit.
Some people like to read in the bath, for them a touch screen reader means the classic of just dropping your reader into a ziplock bag may not be an adequate solution to allow them to read in the bath.
I guess that is purely a POV, I wouldn't want an ereader without a touchscreen and less buttons means a smaller Ereader and more realestate for the screen.
You can buy covers for the KT that allow you to read it in a bath with NPS if you really want to.
TBH even with no touchscreen and buttons, I wouldn't be using an ereader in a bath anyway, it could be dropped easily and all that steam/moisture can't be good for it in the longterm, unless you get a waterproof cover for it, which is available on the KT as well.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote