View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 08:25 PM   #77
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
After using the trial version a bit more, I'm liking it quite a bit. However, there are still some problems. As I mentioned, the icons and text are too small. The text used in some parts of the interface is positively microscopic. The tabs that show "Library", "Lexicon", etc. are also too small. It seems to me that this program does not take into account the extra screen size of a tablet.

The other area that needs improvement is the dictionary. I love having a real dictionary while reading. The web lookup is ok, but it distracts from reading, and it requires an internet connection. I tried downloading the embedded English dictionary, but even simple words were not found with that.

What I would absolutely love is the ability to use a third-party dictionary like the Oxford from within a decent ebook reader. I could do this many years ago on a PDA, why can't I on a modern Android tablet that is many times more powerful? Some of the free downloadable dictionaries are fine, but I want the ability to use a "real" dictionary while reading and I'm willing to pay extra for the dictionary.

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote