View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #114
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
It could be.
But contrast is also a function of the fonts and the font rendering engine as well as the antialiasing used. Note how Amazon talks of "hand-tuned fonts" and how the updated K4 has new and improved fonts. Also, the iRiver reviews tended to point out that the text did not look much improved over the lower-res screens.
I saw an iRiver Story in person once, I thought the text looked GREAT! I loved the higher resolution. However, the screen was NOT pearl, and the contrast not good. Plus it wasn't a touch device, so I had no urge to buy. I've been waiting for a pearl hi-res screen ever since though.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote