View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 07:15 AM   #8
ereszet
Zealot
ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ereszet has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 Archos 704 wifi
split pages in pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Will this work on PDFs that are text-based as well as image based? And will it increase the size of PDFs?
As far as pdflrf is concerned it works with text and image pdf/djvu files (and image zipped png files) and converts them to image based lrf (Sony Reader format) or zipped png files. You can always OCR the png files and save the result as pdf if you wish. The program not only splits the pages and optionally changes them from portrait to horizontal (which increases the width of readable view) but also optionally fattens the fonts and removes white margins, plus offers a number of other settings.

I use pdflrf for converting my input files to beefed up images, in order to use them instead of pdfs in my 7" Archos 704 wifi. The main reason is very slow rendering of pdfs by Archos.

Another opition to split the pages in image only mode is to use unpaper. Linux version is available from the author's site. Command line version for DOS/Windows is available in a package pdfread (search in the directory where you install pdfread).
ereszet is offline   Reply With Quote