View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #20
ijdod
ijdod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ijdod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ijdod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ijdod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ijdod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ijdod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ijdod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ijdod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ijdod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ijdod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ijdod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
The capacitive touchscreen worries me a bit. Those affect the screen, and is the reason IR touchscreens are some popular in e-readers. Could very well be they cracked the problem, OR that the paperwhite feature caused the same effect anyway, so they added it again. (edit: seems to have mixed-up the various touch-screen technologies. Resistive screens were what was used on ealier models)

Also, I think the omission of EPUB support and a memory slot is a mistake, in the sense that those are the distinguishable features of the competition. I don't see how including those would hurt Amazon's business, to be honest.

Last edited by ijdod; 09-09-2012 at 11:37 AM.
ijdod is offline   Reply With Quote