Thread: final decision
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 01:22 AM   #51
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Not really sure what to say about this, except:
  1. You're wrong.
  2. Read the FAQ, don't make things up.
  3. Not only can you still update, (which is the expected outcome when jailbreaking a device, so this isn't magically new Kindle-only stuff,) the update doesn't even wreck the jailbreak.
Interesting. The devices I've jailbroken or rooted have been Apple iOS (jailbreak) or Google Android (root). After updating, the best outcome was being able to use the same jailbreak/root exploit after the update. The more common result was having to wait until an update of the jailbreak/root code was released to work with the new update.

The only Kindle I saw that was jailbroken had it's bridge(?) surviving an update but the jailbreak could not be installed after the update (5.3.6?). It's been a while and I'm not a Kindle owner.

Last edited by DNSB; 09-22-2014 at 01:28 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote