View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #59
conanfan
Me Lurk Here Long Time
conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis; PW1+3g; Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro; KF HDX 7;
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
That Which Should Not Be by Brett J. Talley. I thought so highly of the book that I own all 3 editions of it. If you like Lovecraftian horror, it's a must read (in my humble opinion). The atmosphere is awesome and the book genuinely scared me.

http://www.amazon.com/That-Which-Sho...+should+not+be

His second novel, The Void, is semi-Lovecraftian science fiction. It's not as good but there are some pretty creepy ideas in it.
Oh man, I really loved That Which Should Not Be - a great, fun read for the Lovecraft fans out there.

If Lovecraft is your thing, I also recommend Black Wings, an anthology of short fiction inspired by Lovecraft and edited by S. T. Joshi.

I also highly recommend Thomas Ligotti's works - Grimscribe, Noctuary and Teattro Grotesco are available in ebook format. I wish someone would publish an ebook of his first collection, Songs of a Dead Dreamer, or better yet, The Nightmare Factory, an omnibus collection of most of his short stories.

I am also really enjoying Jeff and Anne Vandermeer's massive collection, The Weird: A Compendium of Strange and Dark Stories.

Finally, Wayne Barlowe's God's Demon is a strangely beautiful and terrifying story of Hell and redemption - it maybe more properly classified as fantasy, but it has plenty of horrifying details.
conanfan is offline   Reply With Quote