Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 03:40 AM   #242
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post

Mobileread disapproves of and does not condone circumventing the display of advertisements in advertisement-subsidized devices.

If you don't want adverts on your Special Offers Kindle, just pay the fee to Amazon that's the difference between the Special Offers price and the non-Special Offers price.
Well, that is a new policy. It is contrary to what I was told in PMs a few months back, about the site owner saying SO removal was legal and therefore okay. Did that policy change recently?

I realize that we neither encourage or discourage removing ads, being a personal moral choice, but your notice above ads a new DISAPPROVES message.

Is your new policy documented somewhere that we can read (besides in your new warning that conflicts with previous information from site moderators)?

It is hard to follow rules that keep changing without warning.

Is it safe for us to ignore your warning? Can we still try to help people who ask questions that indicate that they have made moral choices different from our own? What are the consequences of ignoring your "conflicted" warning? Inquiring minds want to know.

Please provide a link to the new mobileread rules that state CLEARLY that discussing removal of kindle special offers is not allowed.
Thanks.

Also, am I free to publish here the PM from a site moderator (pdurrant) that I received saying that discussing removal of Special Offers *IS* allowed? P.S. I sent you a PM including that message.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-01-2012 at 03:51 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote