View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 08:37 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifibookguy View Post
I'm not sure if I'm not understanding you, or you're not understanding me I don't want to download any data. I simply want to create a link that shows up in the Ids: line of the Book Details
Metadata plugins are supposed to support converting identifiers they know about into links for display on book details panels. You don't need to use the plugin to download metadata, but you must use the identifier name that the plugin supports.

There is no guarantee that the plugins do support link creation, but the author of the plugin might want to know if that plugin is missing something. The built-in amazon, douban, and google plugins do, and I am quite sure the kiwidude's plugins do as well.

If you want to create new identifier IDs and have them be made into links, then you need to either change calibre's source or provide a metadata plugin that knows how to convert that ID type into a link.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote