View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 12:00 AM   #38
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
The Metro UI of Win8 does not support overlapping windows. That's an issue for those of us who depend on them.
Why would you want to overlap?? You can have them side by side, or easily switch between them with the flick of a finger/mouse.

I've found that most peoples complaints about Windows 8 is that "it's not the desktop".....It IS the desktop. The desktop is right there...just click the BIG tile that says "Desktop". And for those who complain that the tiles are too big....right click and select "smaller"...or just right click on a space in the start screen and select "all apps".

I think just as many people would have complained if there wasn't a big change to the program: "Its just the same program - why should I pay for an upgrade". People have just gotten used to the start button/desktop where they were and if anything changed they would be out of their comfort zone and not like it. Then there are those who just don't like Microsoft and will complain just to complain. You can't please everyone I guess...

Only 1 of my multiple computers still has windows 7, and only 2 of them are touch. The GUI takes a little bit to get used to the differences, but once you do, it's actually very nice. My media/theater computer has a wireless logitech touchpad that allows me to do all the touch aspects on the big screen; my 14 yo son has a touch screen and loves it; and my wife "confiscated" my surface pro and swears she's not giving it back because she loves it...

As I said before, there is a learning curve but people will get used to it. After a little while I'd even bet that those who complain now about Windows 8 because it's not windows 7 will complain that the next version is not windows 8...
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote