View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #16
WadsUpDoc
WadsUpDoc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by modified View Post
Another resident of the little red dot here as well.

@WadsUpDoc
I asked that same question a few weeks ago before my PW arrived.

Personally, I have the screensavers hack (if you have the non-SO version) and the Collections Manager installed.

I'm not sure if jb helps with debricking, this is better asked in the Kindle Developer's Corner forum.

I am generally quite happy with my PW (502). I would be hard-pressed to call the screen terrible even though I do see some very slight pink blotches at max brightness. I have the PW for almost 2 weeks now, and have never found the need to read at the brightest setting (it's kinda uncomfortable to be honest). I set it at level 5 on the very first day, and had no need to tinker with it since.

And yes, I have seen people using the Kindle here in Singapore. I saw someone with the DX about a week ago, but the K3 and K5/PW are more common. I rely on public transport for my commute, so the odds are better for me.
Icic. Guess I'll probably use my PW for awhile before deciding whether to jailbreak or not. Btw, did you register your Kindle with a Singapore address? Heard of some possible complications with Amazon for Singapore users
WadsUpDoc is offline   Reply With Quote