View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #13
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
I'll keep the mini, hohoho... merry Christmas to me ... :-)

Reason being? Even thought it has no retina display. the aspect ratio and resolution is good enough for reading my PDF files, at least, that's what I've seen so far.

While I love the iPad 3, it is not my main reading device, the Kindle Paper White is. The landscape mode and new formatting on SQL books makes the PW almost ideal for long reading sessions.

I was using the iPad 3 for light Internet browsing at work, coffee shop or on the road, and for PDF reader using GoodReader.

The mini finally provide these to me, which after so many years and thousand of dollars on small devices, I think the mini is getting closer:

-Good PDF reader / app: GoodReader
-Good size or aspect ratio for PDFs (Nexus and previous Galaxy tablets were not big enough for PDFs, not for me)
-Light
-Responsive
-4G connectivity
-Kindle for iOs (I love the iOS version of Kindle. It's a really nice and mature app)

Will I change my mind later? Well ... if Apple can produce a similar device with retina display, I'm afraid I will.

Gosh, I love technology :-)

Now to decide, which one I will bring to Colombia on my overnight trip ... mini or iPad 3 .... hmmm, decisions, decisions ,,,

PS: whole post written with the mini
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote