View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 12:07 PM   #14
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by simple dave
Thank you all for your answer.

ScS, how many pages on the reader a regular book (about 350 pages) would come to?

Nat, It is somewhat similar to popeye drawing style, but the stories are completely different. You must read tintin ---
Say! Seeing Capitaine Haddock like that brought back a lot of fond memories. Do you read it in it's original French? Have you scanned them for your reader? I'd like to find those!!! Astérix too. When I was a kid I used to 'feed' on that.

I still read Bob Morane, Gaston Lagaffe and some of Gotlib's work on the reader in horizontal display. It's tedious and bland but I still prefer to read it on the PRS than on the computer.

For the number of pages, depending on display size, you should do a word count more than a page count; and some fonts have an impact also.
The average paper back has a word count of 300 to 325 words per page. If in Word you format your books with Times Roman 16points, on the reader it will display at 175 in large display, 210 medium and 275 small. But that is my approximate average count.

When reading with the reader turning pages is less difficult than a paper book. I read fast too. The only habit you get to learn besides turning pages with the bloody left hand is to press the page turn button with a little over half a line left to read, then blink to moisten your eyes and the next page display is there. After a book or two everything becomes automatic.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote