View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 07:25 PM   #12
cubemike99
Enthusiast
cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
The thing with /var/log/messages is it seems to wipe itself on each reboot, so it has to reboot while I'm looking at it for me to catch it. Additionally, messages only reported that there was a segfault and wrote the crash log to /dev/null even after debug logging was enabled. But, running showlog -f did give me the pid of the segfaulting process, but since the device and all its processes already restarted, the pid didn't give me much.

Is there a way to keep /var/log/messages persistent?

Last edited by cubemike99; 07-21-2013 at 07:55 PM.
cubemike99 is offline   Reply With Quote