View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #515
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
Pretty sure no matter which libraries you use, you are always searching and checking out from the Overdrive site. Different window dressing form the referring libraries, but you aren't actually on your library's site any longer. I've gone to lapl's overdrive page directly when all of lapl has been down. So not too surprising they can link accts together by email or IP or adobe reader ID.

Not sure how libraries square this with ALA philophies about keeping lending histories private. Hopefully there is something in the contracts stipulating only records of current check outs be kept, but I kinda doubt it.
This was their email:

Thank you for contacting us, and we're sorry you're having trouble with "Xxxxxx." As we discussed on the phone, this title was the "2nd Epilogue" and not the full version of the book. We have returned the title from your account as you requested during the call.

Also as requested, below is a link to OverDrive's Privacy Policy. Please be assured that we do not monitor your activity.

- http://www.overdrive.com/privacypolicy.asp

Please let us know if you need any further clarification or assistance.

The answers to most issues are available on the digital media website for your library by clicking on Help. By using this resource you may be able to solve your issue prior to us responding to you.

To obtain a quicker response for any questions or issues you may have, please contact your library for direct support. A link for support can be found on the digital media website for your library by clicking on Help. If your library is not able to assist you, they will contact us directly.

So I guess direct phone help is not what they want anymore. Yet the last survey that they sent me had a question asking me to rate the different types of assistance that I preferred and one of the items was phone help.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote