View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
Sregener
Addict
Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sregener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
llcj, you have just illustrated my problem perfectly. In the US, if I search on Tanis Rideout on Kobo, I get 0 hits. I did search Amazon for that one, and it shows it as "prerelease" (both hardcover and Kindle) - due out in the middle of February. Ditto for the Nook. Nothing on Google Play or Kobo (no hits, no message of upcoming releases.)

Undoubtably, this is partly a rights and distribution issue, which defeats the whole benefit of the Internet and eBooks in the first place. This kind of utter nonsense is exactly why the publishers of dead tree material are imperiled. My TCP/IP packets have no idea when they cross over a state or country's border. My books shouldn't, either.

This is exactly the kind of stuff that makes me believe that the eBook concept is fatally flawed.
Sregener is offline   Reply With Quote