View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #12
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
I really do think people get too hung up on being able to buy books from a reader's built in or sponsored book store. I realize the manufacturer would prefer you buy from their store -especially if they sell the reader hardware at a discount, but unless they make it both convenient and cost effective people are going to shop around...
Pity Kobo forgot about the "convenient" part of in-device purchasing, what with no cart so you can buy multiples in a single transaction and not revealing prices when searching - have to hit Buy Now (either in the search results or on the book's information page) and then you have to enter your billing information. Dunno about after that because I can't be arsed to enter the information so that I can finally see the price of the book I (supposedly) want to buy. :P [Kobo Touch, v2.1.5]
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote