View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #10
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch, Pocketbook Touch HD
There is another thing that I discovered today.

So far I knew 3 ways of scanning a book. With a camera, a flatbed scanner, or (if I destroy the book) with an adf scanner.

But today I was flipping through a computer catalog and saw a handheld scanner for 70€ (about $90). The first ever scanner I had was a handheld scanner, but that one was totally different. It was as big as a DVD case, with a cable that was always in the way.

But this new kind of handheld scanner is very small - about 10 inch long and about 1.6inch wide (about 25cmx4cm), the maximum scan size is about 84 inch to 13 inch (21cmx3,5cm). It is battery powered and saves the images on a memory card, so you can scan without a computer. This is very interesting. Sometimes, a library has very old books. You can read them inside the library, but you can't borrow them. With a small handscanner like that, you can scan it in the library.

It sounds very cool - but I am not sure how good it is. I saw one at german Amazon, from Hyundai. There are 24 ratings. 16 give it 5 stars, and 4 give 4 stars.
However, personally I think an experienced MR member can tell me more about it - I hope one of you can ...
NASCARaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote